Are you overwhelmed by the many different types and varieties of vinyl? Are you not sure which vinyl to use on cups, wood, shirts, glass etchings, etc.? Then, this is the post for you!Creative possibilities are endless with Vinyl Rolls. With our high quality and cheap vinyl rolls, you can cut, craft & customize anything form shirts to walls, to windows & mugs. vinyl rollsLet's talk about heat transfer vinyl!What type of heat transfer vinyl should I use?Just like adhesive vinyl, there are many different colors and styles of heat transfer or iron on vinyl. For basic smooth HTV, I recommend HTVRONT because it is easy to use, comes in many colors, and it washes and wears well. Both Silhouette and Cricut have smooth Iron-On materials and the effect is also very good.Let's take a look at several different types of HTV.Generally, all iron on vinyl should be able to work on all fabrics and materials that can withstand iron or autoclave heating, so when choosing an HTV, you mainly have to consider the desired appearance. However, certain types of vinyl can be better suited for different types of fabrics or designs. For example, holographic and metallic vinyls are generally harder, so it works best in designs made of smaller fragments rather than larger vinyls. Similarly, stretch vinyl works better with stretch knit, rib or sports fabrics. All HTVs are washable, but following some simple guidelines will help your finished product maintain a longer appearance.What is HTV vinyl used for?This is the basic rule: Generally, if your surface is hard and smooth (such as walls, cups, bottles, photo frames, mirrors, boxes, etc.), you should use sticky vinyl. If your surface is soft and can withstand heat (clothes, shoes, books, handbags, etc.), heat transfer vinyl will be the best.However, there are some exceptions to this general rule. For example, I prefer to use heat transfer vinyl on wood because I find it easier to apply to the surface of the wood and looks closer to painted wood.Now that you know what kind of vinyl you want to use in your project, happy making!