Como lo habían anunciado hace algunas semanas, desde ayer City of Heroes empezó con la era Freedom, lo que significa que ahora es gratis para todos y para siempre.
Al igual que otros MMO que han optado por cambiar al modelo F2P, CoH tendrá Premium y VIP Members. En su página web hay cuadros comparativos de lo que le toca a cada tipo de miembro. Les dejo algunas de las características descritas en la web.
Premium PlayersPlay for Free
As a new free City of Heroes Freedom player, you can:
- Play as a Hero or Villain for up to Level 50.
- Play in 45 different game zones.
- Select from 8 character archetypes and 105 power sets.
- Create costumes for up to 2 characters from billions of combinations.
- Enjoy over 1,000 missions that will allow you to travel in time, visit alternate dimensions, and fight off alien invasions.
- Buy anything you'd like from the in-game store.
VIP PlayersReturning Players Become Premium Players
We honor your commitment and experience! If you used to play City of Heroes, you will automatically become a premium player. New free players can become premium players by buying any amount of Paragon Points.
- Get everything that free players get.
- Retain nearly everything you already purchased or unlocked, including Super Boosters, expansions, and directly purchased character slots.
- Retain all the Veteran Rewards you earned.
Más info: Player ChoicesVIP Players
We give VIP players the treatment you deserve. Subscribe as a VIP player and you get exclusive content and priority treatment. All current City of Heroes customers become VIP players when City of Heroes Freedom launches.
- Receive everything that free players get, plus-
- Play with all 14 Archetypes, and over 150 Power Sets.
- Enjoy at least 12 character slots per server.
- Receive 400 Paragon Points per month to use in the in-game store.
- The City of Heroes Going Rogue expansion content, which includes:
- Access to 4 zones within the alternate world of Praetoria.
- Four Power Sets: Dual Pistols, Demon Summoning, Kinetic Melee and Electric Control.
- The Going Rogue Alignment System, which will allow your character to rise to become a Hero or fall from grace to become a villain.
- Full access to the Mission Architect system, which will allow you to create and publish your own missions with other players.
- VIP-only benefits, including:
- The Incarnate System, where you team up with up to 23 other Heroes and Villains in epic group encounters, and unlock new powers and rewards.
- Experience new VIP content (including the City of Heroes Going Rogue™ expansion content and new monthly Signature Story Arcs) for free.
- Enjoy one free character transfer per month, priority queuing, and VIP customer support.
- Gain Exclusive access to Exalted, a new VIP-only server.
Página del juego: City of Heroes