Para las preliminares cada país elegirá jugar la versión 1.6 o Source pero para las finales se usara Counter-Strike: Source.
- Competicion: 5 vs. 5
(Equipos de 5 personas por team)
- Age Restriction : Players born after Nov 16th, 1988 (based on the date of 2005 Grand Final) must submit parental consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian to the tournament staff.
- Teammate substitutions are allowed twice at most. No substitutions will be allowed during the tournament. If any team needs to make more than two substitutions for any reason, the team must forfeit the tournament.
- Rounds: 30 Rounds (Maxrounds format)
15 rounds as Terrorists and
15 rounds as Counter-Terrorists per team
- Round Time: 2 minutes
- Counter-Strike, Terrorist will be announced before the match or decided by coin toss.
- Victory Condition:The first team to win 16 rounds.
- In the case of a tie after regulation, 6 extra rounds will be played.
(3 rounds as Terrorists / 3 rounds as Counter-Terrorists per team)
- Extra Round restart money: $10,000
- In the case of a re-tie after 6 extra rounds as stated above, 6 more extra rounds will be played until the tie is broken.
- Official Maps:de_dust2, de_cbble, de_train
(* Each map may be modified by the WCG committee. Players will be informed before the tournament of any such modifications / Different maps may be used depending on national circumstances)
- The map selection may be changed prior to the tournament. Players will be informed of any such changes before the tournament.
- Only team leaders are allowed to use public in-game messages (messagemode1) within a match. The rule also applies when dead. Use of messagemode1 by any member other than the team leader shall result in a warning. Other team members must only use team message (messagemode2), while in a match.
- Team members may communicate verbally if they are alive in the match or when all team members are dead.
- Any player who has died cannot communicate by ANY means (No gesture or verbal communication will be allowed) with any other team member or opponent until the beginning of the next round.
- The Server Master must record the process of the match.
- Approved Grenade Amounts Per Round
1) Flashbangs: 2
2) Grenades: 1
3) Smoke Grenades: 1
- Approved Commands
1) Left Hand
2) A user can use Activate In-Game-VGUI Command
(e.g left hand, adjust_crosshair etc)
- Default skins must be used.
- Boosting (stepping on top of own team player) is allowed in play.
- Throwing grenades over buildings in all maps are allowed.
- Any use of the flash bang bug will result in a warning at the minimum or loss by default for the offending team.
- Any other use of map or program bugs can result in a warning at the minimum or loss by default for the offending team after deliberation and decision by the board of referees at its sole discretion.
- The gamma rate can be changed in the video graphic driver.