Resultados 1 al 2 de 2

What to do if your laptop broke and you want to replace the hard drive

Esta es una discusión para el tema What to do if your laptop broke and you want to replace the hard drive en el foro PC - Steam, bajo la categoría Plataformas; The disk has to not be the failed part. The new host will need to accept the drive, this will ...
Página: 1

Predeterminado What to do if your laptop broke and you want to replace the hard drive

• The disk has to not be the failed part.
    • The new host will need to accept the drive, this will depend on the new host and the form factor of the drive. If you have a “drive caddy” that replaces the optical drive and a SATA drive you are set.
    • Otherwise just buy a USB enclosure for your form factor.
    • You might need to have, and know how to use, encryption keys. LUKS, Bitlocker etc.
    • You need to understand permissions and access control.

Predeterminado Re: What to do if your laptop broke and you want to replace the hard drive

Hi! I had a friend who had a similar problem with his laptop. He accidentally spilled quite a lot of juice on the laptop and it simply stopped working. To begin with, I advised him to order a protective cover for a laptop https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09PLK6634, because it perfectly protects the laptop from moisture. He had a laptop was a lot of information on the work and he was very upset. I told him that perhaps the hard drive is not affected. And yes, when we disassembled it and took out the hard drive, it was not damaged at all and all the information was preserved.