Resultados 1 al 7 de 7

eso se llama evolucion!

Esta es una discusión para el tema eso se llama evolucion! en el foro Discusión General, bajo la categoría General; es innegable que con el paso del tiempo los juegos on-line mejoren y asi como muchos pasaron del fenix y ...
Página: 1

Predeterminado eso se llama evolucion!

es innegable que con el paso del tiempo los juegos on-line mejoren y asi como muchos pasaron del fenix y el pac-man a la consola de videojuegos donde jugaban street figther o nascar y de ahi a los juegos de computadora mas "evolucionados" , tales como sc , wc , cs , y estos lentamente estan dejando su paso a los mas detallados y sobre todo de rol , lineage 2 , world of warcraft , y mas adelante estos seran desplazados por otros . y asi sucesivamente , y siempre habran romanticos que jugaran un juego que les gusto mucho y a pesar de que le comienzas a ver defectos que antes no le veias , malos graficos , falta de herramientas , trama o q se yo , lo seguiras jugando porque te enganchaste , porque te trae recuerdos , porque la rompes o por lo que sea , pero tarde o temprano jugaras otro mas moderno y rolero y te engancharas ahi y asi.

Todo es una evolucion , asi fue , es y sera.

Banned

Predeterminado

Con el tiempo los juegos se van haciendo mas comerciales...caso Counter Strike...

Leanse esto para los que saben ingles....articulo de www.gotfrag.com

To Pro Mod or Not to Pro Mod: Is this the Question?

A few days ago CPL announced that the summer CPL 2005 Counter-Strike tournament will be using Valve Software’s new version of Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Source. CPL has made it a rule to always use the latest versions of games for the tournaments, which sounds like a perfectly fine idea, right? Well this time around it does not seem so. Rumors are rapidly spreading around the Counter-Strike news boards about certain CAL-I clans that will not be attending summer CPL because of it. Competitive players are in an uproar about this change. But a few facts must be understood before a person can look at the CPL's decision logically.

1) Of all the Counter-Strike players in the world, competitive players represent about 5% of the total amount of Counter-Strike players (rough calculation).

2) Valve makes games for the general public, weekend warriors as you might call them (people who play games mostly on the weekends as a hobby). These are the type of people who will take 3 to 4 weeks to beat HL2 as an example (I beat it in 10 hours).

3) Valve DOES support the gaming community (look at the very impressive SDK they just released), but again they are not making games specifically for competitive gaming, they are making it for the mass markets.

4) These weekend warriors represent the largest part of the gaming community, and keep in mind that many of these people have never heard of the CPL or CAL. They have no idea what strafe jumping, rates, or strats mean. These are very common terms for a semi-decent Counter-Strike player but completely alien to these people.

5) The CPL is driven by sponsors. If a tournament can’t get a sponsor then the game is not played. Many of the major graphics companies will not sponsor the Counter-Strike tournament because Counter-Strike’s graphics are extremely out-dated. If almost any graphics card out now can pull decent fps in Counter-Strike, how is it going to sell “X” company’s graphics card?

6) Counter-Strike: source will not "get better" over time like counter-strike did. Many people think this but it is a huge misconception. Valve is a multi-million dollar corporation with years of game making experience, not one man in his bedroom making a humble mod. It will not evolve the way Counter-Strike did; it will stay as it is. Valve could have released a game that was a direct port of counter-strike. They COULD have made it right the first time. When the game went from beta to gold there was no huge patch or update; nothing to solve the multiple bugs it still contains. It's just a pretty face for a game that would not stand a chance with out its graphics.

The CPL made the choice most likely to attain more sponsorship. Counter-Strike: Source has graphics that will sell high performance computer parts. The game looks great which is good for the CPL, and spectators, but what about the players? Counter-Strike: Source is a game that, to me, feels like America’s Army and Far Cry shoved into Painkillers registration back before the PK world tour patch. There is no learning curve in Source. The guns have no recoil and a player has a better chance running and spraying at someone with a colt than trying to actually shoot. Is this the future of Counter-Strike, the biggest game in Esports as we know it? Imagine someone going out with their friends to play some backyard football. There are "house" rules; the end zone is between "x" rock, and "y" tree. There are no real positions, and it is very unorganized but fun. This is what Counter-Strike: Source is like. So if the NFL then decided to go and change the rule to fit what most people actually play, Randy Moss would be hosting NFL events in his back yard, all the coaches would get fired, no more bright jerseys, and no more cheer leaders.

Source is slowed down. Valve has continued to make the game play slower and slower over the years. From AWP delay to shields; now they made the game feel as if a player is swimming through the map, while barrels and tires are thrown in the way. There are no more scenes of people’s heads exploding out of nowhere as they get walled, there are no more crazy headshots with great animations of people flying back in a spray of blood, its hard to see if you hit some one because there are no longer hit animations where the player model would thrust back when shot. People just slump to the ground when they die, if you manage to land a shot.

The Counter-Strike community needs to face the biggest factor head on: Counter-Strike 1.6 looks terrible. We are all used to it, and if it was my choice I would just keep 1.6. But in order to keep Counter-Strike fully sponsored with the hundreds of thousands of dollars we all want, it needs a desperate face lift. All this can be fixed if the community comes together. It sounds impossible but it has happened before (remember the money changes?). But this task is much more daunting, and will take more that just a good article for it to happen. I am talking about a professional modification.

A professional modification or "pro mod" would be a saving grace for Counter-Strike, but don’t expect valve to do it for us. This is going to have to come from the community as a whole, leagues, CPL, message boards, Gotfrag, TSN, server companies, but most importantly, players. Valve has released a great SDK that makes just about anything possible. A mod team will have to be put together to make this happen. I have played with the source engine, and if any of you have played HL2 you know that the movement is exactly the same as Counter-Strike and original Half-Life.

There is no real "engine difference" as I have heard from a lot of people who are trying to explain why Source feels different. The first thing that needs to be done with a pro mod, is Counter-Strike: Source has to be thrown away. A new port of 1.6 needs to be made for Half-Life 2. A list of all the features that I feel would create a very good and professional mod is at the end of the article. First off, all the original content of Counter-Strike 1.6 needs to be ported over. I am talking about a direct port, same skins, same models, same movement, every thing but maps. The mod should revolve around giving the players, and admins options. New high definition models would then be created using the originals as a base. Then the player can select if he/she wants to use the originals or the new high definition models while playing. This would not only be beneficial to the players but to event organizers as well. The event organizers could then connect to HLTV with max graphics enabled on the computer. so that when the image is projected on the big screen in front of the audience at the LAN, they get to see the great graphics of source (good for Valve) and the amazing performance of the hardware (good for sponsors) while the players can either stick with the originals models and skins from 1.6 or use a mix, with absolutely no sacrifice of game play. The new physics will need to be eliminated as well as the rag doll animations, for they serve no real purpose in a competitive environment. The original death, bullet hit, and model animations will need to be restored. Recoil and cross hair dynamics should be put back to what they are in 1.6. Walling should return (this is the only feature that I am unsure of), the net code should be refined for competitive play, and lots of little things like map clutter (random barrels, tires, and cars that just get in the way) should be removed. All this will make Counter-Strike: Source’s "cartoony" feel (as CS: S has been described be many people) disappear.

But above all this mod should work for one goal: a final release. It should get to a point where there are no more game play updates. Then players, leagues, and event organizers can say "this is Counter-Strike Pro and it will not be changed." This would be a huge step forward for Counter-Strike because players and event organizers would be able to dump the "not if, but when" attitude about steam updates, and everyone would be able to play 5 more years until the next graphics update is needed, but with no game play changes. Just like football, baseball, hockey, any professional sport, Counter-Strike could be played with no end in sight, and no fears about it dying. With general graphics updates every couple of years, but no game play changes (even professional sports get their looks updated every once and a while) this game could stay the lead game of Esports for a long time. Counter-Strike will not die, because it is not just a game, but a genre defining game. It made it own style of game play. That’s why games like America’s Army and COD are called Counter-Strike style games. It’s time to take the power back from Valve. Remember they did not make Counter-Strike, we the gaming community did.

I have tried to start this process on my own but I am a very novice modder. I hope to be a game developer eventually, so I do have good knowledge of what games can and cannot do. I’m pretty sure that all of this would work in Source, as I have done extensive experimenting with the engine. But in order for this to become a reality, it’s going to take more that just a lowly inexperienced modder.

Feature's List

Essentials:

Models:
    -Everything from 1.6 needs to be ported to HL2, with the same skins, and textures.

-New models need to be developed off of the old ones that are high definition and take advantage of the source engine. Textures and skins should be similar.

-Players need to be able to switch on/off high def models at will through a GUI.

Animations:

-Rag doll = bye-bye. It’s boring and useless. No one cares about dynamic body movement when there trying to focus on winning $100,000. Besides, Source looks good enough that the average person won’t even notice the absence of the new physics and rag doll animations.

-1.6 animations need to be restored. These are great animations that would look good in any next generation game. They are very stiff but real; it adds to the intensity of the game, and it makes the game play fast and solid. They are not over-animated as you see in a lot of new games today.

GUI:

-An intuitive GUI should be designed, so that players and event organizers can access these options with ease.

Net Code:

-Tweak it for competitive play. Right now with Steam it is made so that people with high latency/dial-up still have a chance. Get rid of all the ping balance factors and make it broadband only.

Sound:

-Just port over all the original sounds, they are good enough.

Maps:

All the CAL maps will need to be ported over with new high definition textures. Valve massacred a lot of the league maps (just look at Dust 2). Probably the easiest way to do this would be to import the existing 1.6 maps into Hammer, then re-skin them for the pro-mod.

-Barrels, cars, tires, buckets, cans, etc. Get rid of it all. The reason Counter-Strike is fun is because it has fast paced CLEAN maps, with nothing to move or get in the way.

There is plenty of other stuff but I don’t want to make this article longer than it really is.

Hk
    Hk está desconectado
    Guachimán del Foro Moderador Avatar de Hk

Predeterminado

Los chikos de la CPL deberian hacer un 'pro' mod del CS tons. El artikulo en si me parece pesimo: el pata llora kosas ke hasta ke son facilmente solucionables.
    Warhammer Online - Fútbol americano de Fantasía - Vuélvete un trome en HoN
    AM I PLAYING LEORIC?
    YES: GET AN ARMLET
    NO: GET AN ARMLET
    BUT I'M TOO NOOB TO ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE IT
    WHAT THE FUCK, YOU HAVE ONE ACTIVE SKILL YOU DUMB SHIT.

niX
    niX está desconectado

Predeterminado

Cita Iniciado por Hk
    Los chikos de la CPL deberian hacer un 'pro' mod del CS tons. El artikulo en si me parece pesimo: el pata llora kosas ke hasta ke son facilmente solucionables.
    No creo que los "chikos" de la cpl puedan hacer algo, depende de valve no de la cpl. Hay cosas que pueden ser solucionables pero no las hacen por su estrategia de marketing.

marketing+caca=$$$

PD. Para que pones el link si le vas a hacer un copy-paste?
    la gente es mas spamera....

Hk
    Hk está desconectado

Predeterminado

Ya existen versiones retro del CS en el Hl1... no kostaria nada hacerlas para el Hl2
    AM I PLAYING LEORIC?

Senior Member Avatar de Virus

Predeterminado

A ver.. ya llevo 5 años metido en todo lo qeu es half-life... he paso desde el CS beta 7.5 hsata el source, tambien por el tfc, el NS, etc...

y he aprendido algo... si quieres jugar TU juego crea tu propia competicion.. pero si donde esta el dinero y la fama junto con el exito ( la CPL )... te bancas todo y le das al juego qeu este alli...

El counter solo fue divertido cuando hacias sus partys o en la epoca de las betas.. cuando nos gritabamos y deciamos la vida uno al otro y luego nos cagabamos de la risa ... donde no existian y no importaba matar con una sola bala o matar a 50 en unsolo round..sino matar mas...

El CS dejo de ser tan divertido cuando empezo a unar dinero de intermedio...

EL CS dejo de ser tan divertido cuando se observo qeu se podia conseguir fama con el.

si lo qeu buscan es diversion... miren el source como un adiversion y no como... " que mierda de juego porqeu no es como mi anterior juego"...

entonsces por qeu joer inventaron el HL... nos hubiesemos qeudado con el quake...

Source = inovacion... es otra cosa qeu tu queiras plata y fama atravez de un JUEGO.

"Regala un pescado a un hombre y le darás alimento para un día, enseñale a pescar y lo alimentarás para el resto de su vida." ¡¡¡¡USEN GOOGLE!!!!

Hk
    Hk está desconectado

Predeterminado

Yo no le veo nada de malo en kerer ser el mejor en algo :-?

Si bien es cierto komparto tu opinion no komparto la sekuencia logika ke te lleva hacia ella. Ya que tienes tiempo jugando Ns, tienes ke admitir ke el juego pierde parte de su magia kon releases komo el Ns:Combat; y mucho ojo, la pierde para nosotros los vets y no para los ke recien deskubren el juego. Digamos ke mas o menos de eso se kejan los vets del CS.

El problema, es ke en Cs nunka hicieron una version Combat sino se pasaron de frente (komo lo hicieron kon mi kerido Dod) :cry:
    AM I PLAYING LEORIC?