Is Open Beta here? Well, not quite… However, since all of you are so eager to play Combat Arms again, we thought we’d reward your excitement with a Pre-Open Beta Phase! We’ve made some changes to the core gameplay, added some new content including a new mode and map, and will be testing out some new additional components of the game. Please be aware that we are in a testing stage before Open Beta, so certain elements of the game are still in flux, and may change in the final implementation of the game.
Test servers will be open on Thursday, June 26th at 11:00AM PST. Servers will be available 24/7 barring patches and updates. We are currently planning on keeping the servers up for testing until Open Beta officially begins though this may be subject to change. Please stay tuned to the website for updates to the schedule for this testing phase.
How Do I Participate?
It’s easy! (This phase is open to the general public so no Beta Keys are necessary)
· DOWNLOAD -- Download the new test client installer via the “Download Game Client” button on the left hand side of the main page.
· INSTALL -- Launch the game installer, and follow the installation prompts to complete the game installation.
· LOGIN -- You will need a Nexon Passport ID to play. If you do not have one already, you can sign up for one for free at Nexon.net.
· PLAY -- Launch the game client and you’re in!
Pre-OB Test Content
For this Beta phase, we will primarily be testing the following functions:
· In-game Messenger
· Clan System – NOTE: Currently, you are required to re-login to the game client in order to refresh and see changes to your clan information. We are aware that this is a big pain; this is a temporary solution so please bear with us through this current implementation.
Other new game content includes:
New Game Mode: One Man Army (Individual Deathmatch Mode)
New Map: Snow Valley
Additional Match Parameters (Arms Setting): for Pistols Only, No Explosives, etc. games
Additional Weapons & Gear
Please report all bugs found to the Combat Arms Bug Reports section of the forums.
Pre-OB Feedback Survey & Event
Again, your feedback is an important part of our testing process. As you’ll see with the Pre-OB Test Client, much of what we heard from you via your responses to the Closed Beta Survey is helping to shape the game. We will be conducting a Pre-OB Feedback Survey at the end of the Pre-OB period. As with the Closed Beta Survey, we will have rewards for those of you who participate (stay tuned to the website for more details).
You don’t have to wait until the survey to let us know what you think, though… that’s what the Combat Arms Feedback section of the forums is for! We will be checking this section of the forums to see your thoughts as Pre-OB progresses.
Welcome back to combat, soldier… we’ll see you on the field!